2008, 2009, 2010.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

A complete success.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is as close as it gets to a perfect day.

We had folks there on harleys, in mercedes, in every make and model 4x4, dirt bikes, etc.

As I look at each and every name on the sign up sheet as I sit here, over 220, I am so thankful. (I estimate at least 50 or more that didn't sign too)
I can see the personalities in the signings. I'll give the Forest Service a copy, I'm keeping these sheets forever.

The Forest Service said the the roll-off weighed in at almost 4 tons! Plus the pile we made looks like another 3 at least.

Pictures and more to come.

Tim Huber

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Photos at http://www.jeepanywhere.com/4peaks

The Gravel Sifter said...

Tim, I googled this event after returning home. I assume it was you I spoke with next to the trash pile. I was with the group of hikers. Wish we had known about it but we do now. I'll watch this blog for future clean ups. So let me get this right. You saw a situation you didn't like and instead of crabbing about it to friends, the press, or the Forest Service you just went and did something about it. Impressive.

Anonymous said...

Tim, great job this past weekend. The event was very well organized and it was great to be able to give something back to the mountain. I'll be checking back to see if there are others...there are a ton of areas that could also use some cleaning...For example the lower salt right after the summer...I enjoyed the event a lot. You rock!

Google